Monday, January 9, 2017

Keto-genic Diet and PCOS

              My wonderful Fiance Skyler is really into fitness and wants to become a personal trainer and work in sports medicine. He puts no pressure on me to loose wait or to feel less than beautiful but we made a pact to get in better shape as we start our married life together. We are doing a low carb higher fat diet called the Ketogenic diet. So that means bacon, bacon and more bacon ha ha. 


******Please note that even with many doctor visits and vast amount of research I am not a doctor and ask that you please consult yours before changing your diet or taking any supplements :)*****

        I have struggled with my waist line since basically birth, due to a hormonal disorder that makes my body insulin resistant and I hold on to fat like crazy. My body has trouble going into what they call Ketosis which is basically the state your body has to be in to burn fat. So the Ketogenic diet has you take in no more than 20 carbohydrates a day and mostly high protein meat with fat. This diet tricks your body into realizing that fat is your fuel source not carbohydrates. It has shown to work in a great majority of people who really stick to it, especially women with PCOS(pollycystic ovary syndrome) the hormonal disorder I have! 

          So we start on the 16th of this month and I am ready to be healthy! It is not all about losing weight its about being healthy for the long run. However, I just want to stop shopping for accessories because clothes that fit are to hard to find and to be able to buy a bra from Walmart for $9 instead of the $48 at any plus size store. This diet has also been shown to increase fertility and the best part of all is that if I can loose my goal of  60lbs most women cure there PCOS which would be awesome! I am also supplementing my diet with a morning drink mix of Myo-Inisitol this is a natural B vitamin that make your membranes more absorbent and helps absorb the insulin. 

  I really hope this will be a great start to happily ever after .. plus a whole new wardrobe! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment