Sunday, January 22, 2017

A brides Rant!


It has long been a theory of mine that I was clearly born in the wrong era. I have a strong belief in what many would consider archaic traditions and that is the fundamental issue in my current predicament of planning my wedding. The once great traditions and roles of a wedding are long forgotten and no one cares.  I have high expectations but realize that not everyone wants that pressure and have done my best to delegate and revise roles to accommodate individual needs but its not enough. Weddings seem to no longer be about the joy of two people in this sometimes very dark world finding each other but instead about tip toeing around everyone's feelings... I can't make any choice with out someones disapproval or input after the fact.

I have had it! If you are unsupportive, negative, or have nothing nice or helpful to say than stay out of planning and don't come. I will not allow anyone's rotten or selfish attitudes to ruin our wedding. The only people that need to be there are those who are happy and want to celebrate this amazing day. I don't require nor request anyone be there by obligation or invitation.

Despite what anyone may think, we are getting married, our way with or without anyone's support. So get on board or get off the ship our destination is the same either way!


No comments:

Post a Comment